Preschool
Preschool






Pastor Tim Stadem


Tim Stadem

PASTOR

Pastor Tim took leadership of Saint John’s in the summer of 2013. Since then, he has worked to strengthen our intergenerational faith community by pairing the wisdom of the elder with the wonder of the child.

In his leisure, he enjoys kayaking and spending time with family.

Contact Pastor Tim:
Email: tstadem@alliancestjohns.org
Call the church office at 308-762-1883






Ministry Support Members

Maurine Roller, Pat Runkle
PARISH MINISTRY ASSOCIATES
We are blessed to have two incredible Parish Ministry Associates. PMAs serve in partnership with ordained pastors in a variety of ways:
  • As dedicated volunteers in their own congregation, often with a specific ministry focus.
  • By being available for pulpit supply in their area.
  • By serving on the staff of a church or synod-related ministry.
  • By being available for assignment by the bishop to serve a congregation as its pastoral leader or transitional minister.




OUR HISTORY

 

St. John’s United Lutheran Church was organized on December 10, 1950. The congregation was organized with 80 charter members. The first service for the church was held on July 6, 1950 in Room A of the Municipal Building of Alliance. In August 1950, services were held in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. In February 1951, a committee was appointed to draft plans and begin looking for a permanent site for the congregation. Two lots were purchased on Black Hills Avenue and the congregation broke ground for a new church building September 16, 1951. Most of the labor for the building was donated by church members.  December 9, 1951, the cornerstone was laid. In April 1952, services were held in the new church basement as the rest of construction continued. Dedication of the new church was held on October 19, 1952.

In January 1982, the church council concluded that a new facility was needed. Five acres of ground on Emerson Avenue was purchased. Ground was broken for the new building in September 1982. The first service was held in the new building on May 1, 1983. The major portion of the fund for the new building came from the Estate of Mr. Oscar Belgum. The Educational Unit of the building is dedicated to his memory. It was because of his concern for the Christian Education of our children that this building became a reality.

During the years, the congregation has grown with the guidance of the Lord. With the Lord’s blessing we will continue doing God’s work among the people of the Nebraska Panhandle!